Does Online Content Marketing Affect Your Customer Service Strategy?
Here's something interesting I came across today.
I'll be honest, here's how I've used LinkedIn in the past:
- to keep track of people I had a nice conversation with, so that if I have an opportunity to connect them with someone else, I can find them (and their picture).
- to keep track of emails with people
- to share articles and links
- to showcase Tangible Words' recommendations of work
- to have a place for my CV for credibility of work (my publications, education, knowledge)
Lately, however,I've been finding more use with LI because we've created a content strategy around the use of LI:
- I've been sharing daily updates of our publications and topics that interest my target audience. I've found that people are interacting with our shared articles and I'm seeing metrics on the levels of value we're sharing with our target audience.
- I've been reconnecting by using updates from people I haven't talked to in a while in Australia, Toronto, Ottawa, Kingston and Belleville. Wondering how they're doing, I see what they've been up to, who they've worked with, and whether they have recently re-branded so I know how to better recommend them. I also look at who they're now connected to and ask for introductions to people.
- I've been asking for help in groups on topics I don't know very much about yet, like networking groups in Ottawa.
- I've been finding events to attend and participate in, in Toronto and Ottawa.
- I've been participating in discussions in groups.
- I've been endorsing people I really think have great skills but whom I haven't found a way to work with yet.
- I've been emailing and building relationships with people who looked at my profile to find out what we really have in common, and I've been discovering prospects along the way.
Phewf. It's taken up a lot of time, that's true, but it's also give me some interesting opportunities for letting more people know about Tangible Words, and for connecting other people together more meaningfully.