Is there a gap - what your website says you do and what you really do?
How well does your website content promote your company?
79% of people who want your service, are using the Internet to judge you.
If you’re acutely aware that the flaws in your website are worse than a divet-filled golf green, it’s time to think about redeveloping your website design—and your website content.
To minimize the “gap” between what your website says you do, and what you actually do, consider an internal team-meeting, or an external professional consulting service to help you articulate what you do and what your customers love about your services.
Three Ways To Improve your Company’s New Website
1) Planning your website content with a website storyboard is one of the best ways to ensure your company message is communicated in a way your customers will want to listen.
A website storyboard should be much more thorough than a list of page names. Think about:
- What content you want on each page? Don't be repetitive, each page should be unique.
- Does the content speak in the language of your customers?
- Are you clear on what your company can actually do for your customers?
2) Use Graphic Text (Headlines, Interlinks, bullet points, etc.) to make it easy for the reader to go through your website content. Get rid of all that long text you likely have on your old website and break it up using graphic text.
3) Offer, Incentive, Action - after you have spent all of that time and money to make sure that people find your website online, now you need to make sure they actually "DO" what you want them to do. You don't want them to just visit and leave without contacting you, buying something, or at least downloading helpful information.
Other helpful Content Marketing articles:
How do you write website content that builds rapport?
Is your website content grabbing all the business you can?
Not sure where to start with website copywriting? Join us at one of our workshops or webinars.
- Content Creation
- Growth-Driven Design Websites
- Inbound Marketing
- Tangible Words
- Sales Growth
- Search Engine Optimization
- Social Media Marketing
- Blogging for Business
- Events & Training
- Economic Development
- Email Marketing
- Case Stories
- Testimonials & Client Feedback
- Company Growth Podcast
- Education and SaaS
- Alysha Dominico
- Inbound Marketing Agency
- Food and Beverage
- Cool Companies
TW Blog Sign-Up
Learn more about how to grow your business and improve your sales team process.