Why Companies That Use Blogs Should Get Started With Twitter
When you get started with Twitter, you can evolve your business by getting more eyes on your blog. It doesn’t need to be complicated. Companies that use blogs and Twitter have more opportunities to build relationships and drive traffic to their site (improving their odds at lead conversion). That’s because Twitter and Google are pals. That’s right, you can build the influence of your blog alongside your Twitter following. Two birds and one stone. Or one bird and one blog.
Companies That Use Blogs: What to Tweet and How to Get Followed
If you’ve checked out our other Twitter articles here at Tangible Words, you’ll know the importance of showing professionalism and sharing knowledge to gain followers. Choose your Twitter content carefully. What you post on Twitter is publicly accessible so it should reflect positively on you and your company.
Here are some types of tweets that are effective at attracting a target audience (that can then be redirected to your blog):
- Company news: sharing your latest and greatest is part of crafting a professional image and showing customers you are keeping up with new developments in your industry and working to better satisfy their interests and needs.
- Retweets: by re-posting the tweet of a customer or fellow company, you engage with that customer or company. You show you care. Retweets spread value all around as they are a clear sign that something has resonated.
- Answers to FAQs: the ‘Twitter Chat’ feature means you can host a ‘get-together’ and directly speak to customer concerns. It’s a networking/sales opportunity. No travel required!
Brands, like relationships, are built through engagement.
Pro Tip: Don’t underestimate the value of lists. Use Twitter to connect with everyone your business needs to reach including those who fit your buyer persona and related businesses. Check out the competition too (it doesn’t hurt to keep an eye out). It takes more than one strand to build a web - and many more to build a reputation on the world-wide-web.
The more followers you have, the better your chance at lead conversion.
The Frequency and Timing of Tweeting for Lead Conversion
Approaching Twitter with a plan can lessen the intimidation factor. Do some research and set some goals. Read on for tips in Twitter management to get you off to a strong start.
When it comes to tweet-frequency, this is what the data suggests:
15 Tweets per day...Retweet and curate about seven tweets per day” (Nathan Ellering, Coschedule 2017).
There are other varying opinions on how often to post. Read about common post-practice across sectors: Hubspot offers insight into social media post-frequency by industry.
But at the end of the day, the ideal timing for your tweets depends on your target audience and when they use the network. Adopting the tweet-frequency strategy mentioned above means you’re going to be tweeting throughout the day.
If you feel like 15 Tweets a day is too much, try releasing your tweets at these times:
5pm for highest retweets. 12pm and 6pm for highest CTR” (Neil Patel, Quicksprout 2017).
Tweets come bite-sized. They’re quick to create, and quick to respond to. Steady tweets and retweets throughout the day keeps your audience engaged. And reminds your followers to check out your blog. If it seems like a lot of work, you can add softwares like Hubspot, Buffer, or Coschedule’s Requeue to your marketing automation strategy. It’ll help keep you on the ball and free up your time for use elsewhere.
Once companies that use blogs start tweeting, they’ll gain a better understanding of what works for them.
More Twitter Benefits for Companies That Use Blogs
Twitter is a social platform that offers benefits beyond lead conversion. These Twitter-pros help companies gain and retain a foothold online:
- Forge new relationships because t's not only with potential buyers of current products. Ultimately, you can reach potential buyers of potential products! Not to mention future associates, clients, employees…
- Improve your tech skills because the tech industry is growing like no other. Familiarize yourself and your company with social media platforms like Twitter and keep your skills up to date. You’ll have an easier time adapting to future innovations and applying them to your business. And, create more opportunities for lead conversion.
Unsure what to tweet about? Don't know how to say what you need to say? Tangible Words can help you shape effective content.
Want Your Organization To Get Started With Twitter?
Learn all the steps to get started with Twitter PLUS. We’ve got clear step-by-step instructions for companies eager to learn the terms of the Twitterverse and get started with Twitter:
- what you could start tweeting about
- masterful Twitter tips
- glossary of key Twitter terms
- Content Creation
- Growth-Driven Design Websites
- Inbound Marketing
- Tangible Words
- Sales Growth
- Search Engine Optimization
- Social Media Marketing
- Blogging for Business
- Events & Training
- Economic Development
- Email Marketing
- Case Stories
- Company Growth Podcast
- Testimonials & Client Feedback
- Education and SaaS
- Alysha Dominico
- Inbound Marketing Agency
- Cool Companies
- Food and Beverage
TW Blog Sign-Up
Learn more about how to grow your business and improve your sales team process.