First off, do you know what your prospects are looking for? If you do, you need to ensure your website purpose is obvious.
If you don’t know what your prospects are looking for you need to figure it out. Then you start adding content to your website. Webpages full of information that doesn't answer a question, solve a problem or prompt an action is not helpful to your customers and won’t help you convert a site visit into a sale. Part of your content strategy should be to provide more details about what you have to offer with blogs and articles that tie into your helpful content plan and don’t rely on text heavy, static webpages.
Start Your Helpful Website Content “Must Have” List By Answering These Questions:
- What is the problem you are solving for your prospects? People are looking for you online for a reason, understand what it is and define it clearly on your website homepage.
- What do your customers always call you for? If your prospects are continually looking for the same answers things like, prices, service options, or delivery schedules put that information on your website. If they want your product they’ll be in touch, if they don’t you’re both saving time and effort on a non-sale.
- What are the simplest terms you can use to talk about your industry? Use simple language to promote your product online that won’t alienate prospects. Don’t frustrate potential buyers because they don’t get your industry “speak”.
When you've established your helpful website content needs you can start creating the content for your website. Use an editorial calendar to automate your helpful website content; it makes it so much easier to keep up with your prospects’ needs. Planning your website content ahead means you spend less time updating your online sales tools.
If you’re launching your first business website or thinking about updating it, be mindful of these 6 strategies for good website design. And, remember don’t throw away your website investment by not using it to maximize your sales potential long term.
Even better, find out how Tangible Words can take care of all your website content needs from content planning to an information architecture, and even do all the copywriting!
Interested in learning more on how to fix your website content to attract investors?
Download “How To Fix Your Website Content To Attract Investors To Your Canadian Economic Region” and learn:
- How to use your website to build your relationship with your target audience.
- Understand What Your Website is Communicating When You’re Not Around.
- Why Your Website Turns People Away, And What To Do About It…
- The 3 Reasons Investors will choose you.