Jumpstart Your Sales In 2019 With These Surprising Statistics
As you bask in the afterglow of another holiday season and a successful 2018, remember that it’s never too early to start thinking about how to sell more in 2019.
Hubspot has put together an intriguing list of stats filled with some gems you can apply to your sales process. For example, the words “demo” and “connect” in an email subject line are more likely to get it opened rather than words like “join” and “confirm”.
But since there are 73 stats for you to read in that HubSpot article, we’ve chosen our top favourites to help you and your sales team prepare for a prosperous 2019.
Don’t Ignore These Stats for More Sales in 2019
Sales Prospecting Stats
Know that in the first call, almost 6 in 10 buyers want to talk about price and more than half of prospects want to see how the product works. When customers are already asking about what you sell, it’s a good indicator some of their other questions have been answered before any chat with a salesperson. If this is the case with your sales calls, you’ll know that your inbound marketing is working because it’s empowering prospects to make purchasing decisions sooner.
Sales Follow Up Stats
Drift analyzed the response time of 433 companies: a shockingly low 7% responded in the first five minutes after a form submission. Over half didn’t respond within five business days.The inbound marketing journey goes far beyond initial contact of a form submission. Inbound marketing provides support to the customer at each stage of their buying journey, including after the sale has closed. The ‘Delight’ stage, post-sale, is just as important as the lead.
Sales Email Stats
- Keep it simple. Boomerang found, when messages are written at a third grade level they are 36% more likely to get a reply than those written at a college reading level. Don’t forget to personalize your content when interacting with prospects and customers.
- The early bird gets the worm and the sale. A majority of prospects want to read emails around 5 and 6 a.m so hit the send button instead of snooze.
- For optimal results, consider the following words in email subject lines:
And avoid using words like:
Sales Call Stats
- Aim to ask around 11-14 questions during a sales call, because Gong discovered that it’s barely worth your time to ask more, like 15-18. Boil it down, get rid of the fluff, and ask the important questions. When you learn and discover what your target market’s needs are, their pain points, and more during the awareness stage of inbound marketing, it drives them to make the purchase.
- But what are the best questions to ask? Questions about your prospect's business pain points and objectives are directly related to closing a sale. Think:
- What motivates them?
- What specific problems do they have?
- What are they passionate about?
- What are their current and future needs?
Social Selling Stats
- Get social. Four in 10 reps have recently closed two to five deals directly thanks to social media. Post and engage on different platforms to promote and contact the right buyers for what you’re selling - to ultimately increase sales.
- More than just likes and shares, social selling tools can increase win rates and deal size by 5% and 35%, respectively. Social media is a robust arm of inbound marketing not to ignore. Engaging with people on an online platform is where you start to drive them through the stages of inbound - attract, convert, close and delight. When you interact, manage their questions or pain points, you leave a visible trail of communication for people on the same social media platform. This transparency reflects positively on your company and builds trust.
- 65% of salespeople who use social selling tools fill their pipeline, compared to 47% who don’t. Knowing where your prospects and target markets are online is a major part of inbound marketing. If it’s new to you, consider outsourcing to an inbound marketing agency to realize the results you need in 2019.
Sales Productivity Stats
- High-performing sales organizations are twice as likely to provide ongoing training as low-performing ones. When’s the last time you invested in your sales team? Streamline your processes, optimize your content and more when your sales team has more efficient tools at their disposal.
- Sales development reps use on average six tools. Make inbound marketing one of your sales team’s tools for improved results in 2019. Inbound cuts noise, provides problem solving, and informative content to the right customers. By the time they reach your sales rep they’re already a warm lead, making closing the sale that much closer.
- Do you know your target market well enough? Google found nearly half of all buyers are millennials. Inbound marketing builds a persona or a fictional representation of a part of your target market. When you do this you speak directly to them and cut out the noise and junk that gets ignored.
Referral Sales Stats
Breakdown where your business comes from and focus on that strength in 2019. If 84% of buyers now kick off their buying process with a referral, note where most of your business comes from. In the delight stage of inbound marketing, you’re far from abandoning your customers, you build brand loyalty, show them they’re still valued. When this happens, a happy customer is also happy to refer your business to someone else.
Sales Career Stats
The educational background of salespeople may surprise you. One in four salespeople majored in business. The second most popular major? The degree of life: 17% never attended college.
Did you find a gem of a statistic to empower your sales staff 2019? There’s a lot to consider and what better way than to apply it all with inbound marketing - which speaks directly to all the approaching trends of the upcoming new year. Enable your staff and advance your sales in 2019 with inbound marketing and be even more efficient in the new year.
Kick Off 2019 The Best Way Possible
- Content Creation
- Growth-Driven Design Websites
- Inbound Marketing
- Tangible Words
- Sales Growth
- Search Engine Optimization
- Social Media Marketing
- Blogging for Business
- Events & Training
- Economic Development
- Case Stories
- Email Marketing
- Company Growth Podcast
- Testimonials & Client Feedback
- Education and SaaS
- Alysha Dominico
- Inbound Marketing Agency
- Cool Companies
- Food and Beverage
TW Blog Sign-Up
Learn more about how to grow your business and improve your sales team process.