Your tourist destination has a lot to offer international, regional, and local visitors. You want to make it a bucket list destination. But you’re not sure how to attract tourists to your region? Your website is one of your most successful marketing tools to get consistent tourist bookings. But only if you design a tourist friendly website.
3 Questions to Answer Before Developing Your Tourist Friendly Website
Your tourism website is your storefront. Whether you’re creating your website from scratch or looking to do a redesign you must ask yourself these questions. The answers are the key to creating a website that attracts tourists.
1. Why Is A Tourist Using Your Website?
Research! 81% of shoppers conduct online research before making big purchases (2014, Adweek). Tourists want to know where to stay, what to do, what to eat. And they want to be able to book it all too. Design a website that can do all of that for them.
2. What Are The Must-Have Tools To Design A Website?
- Content Management Systems (CMS): Like WordPress or Wix, these tools make designing a professional looking site super easy!
- Copywritten Content: Don’t design your website without writing your website first. Create pre-written content so you aren’t scrambling to fill your CMS once you go live.
- Images: Seeing is believing. 60% of people are visual learners. And content receives 94% more views when images are attached! Have a well stocked image library of your tourist region to attract tourists.
3. Should You Use A Copywriter & Web Developer?
Yes! And I’m not just saying that because I am a copywriter. If you run a tourism website you probably consider yourself an expert in tourism. Copywriters and web developers are experts in words and websites. Copywriters and web developers are trained to create and design content better than anyone else. Create space in your budget for a copywriter and web developer and don't forget, content first, then design!
Your website is one of many tools to get consistent tourist bookings. And creating a website that attracts tourists to your region is easy. Just have the right tools in place to create a website that helps tourists see your destination as you do: a bucket list travel spot.
Rebuilding Your Website? Get Ready With This Free Website Design Checklist
Make Your Website Content and Design Process Easier For Your Staff
Use this checklist so you know what your website needs to boost sales BEFORE you start rebuilding your website. It'll save you time, money and aggravation and guarantee you'll attract more customers online.