When we think about what adds value to our business, we often think of ways our business can make money. At first glance, blogging doesn’t look like a product or service you can provide to your customer in exchange for money. But this couldn’t be further from the truth. Blogging adds value to your company website because it’s the gift that keeps on giving.
Blogging adds value to your website even while you invest less time and less money into it than you would with outbound marketing campaigns.
Blogging Adds Value to Your Sales
You have to pay for — and constantly come up with — new advertising campaigns for your company. This is a drain on time and money that 32% of marketers rank as an overrated marketing tactic (2017 Hubspot). Perhaps you’ve heard of the ABC sales strategy before: Always Be Closing. While a company blog certainly isn’t a young Alec Baldwin, you can think of it as always working for you in ways that outbound marketing campaigns do not. When companies that use blogs create just one blog post — written by yourself or a paid copywriter — they create content that remains relevant for years to come.
Here’s 3 Ways Blogging Adds Value to Your Company Website
- Blogs Optimize Your Ranking: That blog post that remains relevant for years to come does so because its content has been search engine optimized. A good Search engine optimization (SEO) strategy is to fill your blog with relevant content. Then, when search engines find relevant, quality content on your blog, your posts are more likely to rank higher in search engine results. Higher search results drive more traffic to your site.
- Blogs Are For Sharing: A quick browse of your social media feeds will undoubtedly display a ton of content shared from outside sources. Blog posts are perfect examples of material that is shared on social media. Companies that use blogs and share them on social media create more exposure for themselves and drive traffic to their websites.
- Blogs Drive Traffic: What it all boils down to is this: companies that use blogs increase online traffic to their websites. The consistent creation of new content — paired with search engine optimization and social media sharing — leads to increased website traffic. Increased traffic leads to increased leads.
A company blog that publishes 16 or more blog posts per month is likely to receive 4.5 times more leads than companies that published 4 or fewer posts per month (2015 Hubspot).
You Need A Company Blog For Your Business
If at this point I haven’t convinced you that blogging adds value to your company website, maybe this free infographic can. Download now to get the information you need to start your business blog now.
You’ll find out how you can:
- Reach more clients through increased online traffic
- Save your sales team time by generating more qualified leads
- Make a profit with more online sales