Your website words tell your business story, make it a short story, but a good one. You can’t sell your product on witty banter and video alone—though they do enhance your website words. Make your website purpose obvious and don’t rely on video to communicate. Think about how your website words attract your potential clients, keep them on your website, and lead them to complete an action like a sale. Let them know right away what problem you can solve for them and put the decision to buy up front. Consumers want to know: What’s In It For Me (WIIFM).
Sometimes your industry speak can alienate those consumers who need your product but aren’t familiar with the technical terms or the jargon that goes with it. Where you can use this language is on your blogs and articles that support your business’s online reputation but don’t complicate your copywritten website words.
Here’s Some Tips to Remember When You’re Writing Your Website Words:
- Keep the copy short. Use concise language to get share your business features and benefits then add links to blogs and articles to give more details to those who want it.
- Lessen the amount of scrolling your prospects have to do to reach the content they want. Make your website worth more than 3 seconds.
- Witty website words can be engaging but limit them to avoid wordiness. Use 3 comment bubbles at most to keep your one-liners in check.
"Online Sales increased 340%". Topsy Farms worked with Tangible Words to fix their homepage and make their website words improve their sales. Find out how Topsy Farms' website improved.
Get some advice on good content ideas and help writing your website words
Purchase a website content audient and consultation for only $150. A professional content marketer will analyse your website and give you a call to talk about how you can make simple changes to improve how your website functionality and use the best website words.
Ever Wondered How to Fix Your Website the Right Way! Free Infographic
Most people are dissatisfied with their website, but they mistakenly blame it on the design. Improve your website: Stay relevant, get found, be awesome.
- Identify: what should be on your website?
- Index and organize your content for user-friendly (and strategic) experiences.
- SEO Website Copywriting
- Provide Content over the next 12 months