30 How to Win Friends and Influence People Quotes for Business Growth
The book How to Win Friends and Influence People is not just one of the most successful business books of all time - it’s one of the most successful books of all time. Nearly a hundred years after it was first published, people are still buying the book, and its lessons are still crafting effective leaders. Warren Buffet reportedly still has the certificate for completing one of author Dale Carnegie’s courses, a course Buffet completed when he was 20.
Carnegie himself didn’t know how successful his book would be. It wasn’t even his idea. A representative of the Simon & Schuster publishing company attended one of the leadership courses he hosted at hotels across the world and told him that the lecture series would make an amazing book. Carnegie didn’t care for the idea, but the publisher planted a stenographer in Carnegie’s lectures and then presented him with the resulting notes, which Carnegie edited into the book we know today.
30 How to Win Friends and Influence People Quotes for Business Leaders
- Don’t criticize, condemn or complain.
- Give honest and sincere appreciation.
- Arouse in the other person an eager want.
- The only way to get the best of an argument is to avoid it.
- Show respect for the other person’s opinions. Never say, “You’re wrong.”
- If you are wrong, admit it quickly and emphatically.
- Begin in a friendly way.
- Get the other person saying “yes, yes” immediately.
- Let the other person do a great deal of the talking.
- Let the other person feel that the idea is his or hers.
- Try honestly to see things from the other person’s point of view.
- Be sympathetic with the other person’s ideas and desires.
- Appeal to the nobler motives.
- Dramatize your ideas.
- Throw down a challenge.
- Begin with praise and honest appreciation.
- Call attention to people’s mistakes indirectly.
- Talk about your own mistakes before criticizing the other person.
- Ask questions instead of giving direct orders.
- Let the other person save face.
- Praise the slightest improvement and praise every improvement. Be “hearty in your approbation and lavish in your praise.”
- Give the other person a fine reputation to live up to.
- Use encouragement. Make the fault seem easy to correct.
- Make the other person happy about doing the thing you suggest.
- Become genuinely interested in other people.
- Remember that a person’s name is to that person the sweetest and most important sound in any language.
- Be a good listener. Encourage others to talk about themselves.
- Talk in terms of the other person’s interests.
- Make the other person feel important – and do it sincerely.
Learn How Successful Business Leaders Turn These Quotes Into Action
On the Company Growth Podcast, you can see how the lessons in some of the world’s best business books are translated into meaningful action that leads to growth. You’ll see how to turn How to Win Friends and Influence People quotes into direct methods of company growth. Listen to this business podcast as a companion to one of the greatest leadership books of all time or apply for a guest spot on the podcast to share your own story of company growth.
Listen to Our Business Podcast and Learn From the Best Business Books
Listen to the How to Win Friends and Influence People episode of the Company Growth Podcast so that you keep getting what you want for your business.
To browse more episodes by topic, visit the Company Growth Podcast webpage.
Let's Grow. Apply for a Spot in Our Free Sales Growth Program
- Content Creation
- Growth-Driven Design Websites
- Inbound Marketing
- Tangible Words
- Sales Growth
- Search Engine Optimization
- Social Media Marketing
- Blogging for Business
- Events & Training
- Economic Development
- Email Marketing
- Case Stories
- Company Growth Podcast
- Testimonials & Client Feedback
- Education and SaaS
- Alysha Dominico
- Inbound Marketing Agency
- Cool Companies
- Food and Beverage
TW Blog Sign-Up
Learn more about how to grow your business and improve your sales team process.