How SMART Goals Align Your Sales And Marketing Departments
Use SMART goals for sales and marketing to help align these two essential departments when executing your content marketing strategy. SMART goals make your business objectives reachable. So what are SMART goals and why do sales and marketing need to implement them? Following a SMART goal approach helps you and your staff envision success because they're:
Implementing SMART goals align your sales and marketing departments so they can take action and achieve better sales together, which is beneficial for the company as a whole.
3 Ways SMART Goals Align Your Sales And Marketing Departments
Implementing SMART goals benefits your content strategy and execution aligning your professionals to work better to generate more qualified leads and reach sales objectives. Here's how your sales and marketing departments can use SMART goals. To:
- Work Together: Though there is potential for animosity between these departments, sales and marketing can work interdependently. For SMART goals to be effective, sales and marketing departments need to meet each other in the middle (physically) consistently and often so their shared SMART goals keep them in the forefronts of each other’s minds.
- Understand the Stakes: Now that they’ve met in the middle, your sales and marketing teams can create an action plan that meets the needs of both departments. They need to identify what they are achieving together now. What they want to achieve together later. And plan how to get from now to later, together.
- Share Knowledge: The marketing department can share their ad campaigns’ online stats and achievements. The sales department can share data on closing rates. Both teams can understand how their data and stats can inform the other team’s decision making and goal setting.
Implementing SMART goals asks your sales and marketing departments to align to build stronger teams individually and a stronger business, as a whole.
- Content Creation
- Growth-Driven Design Websites
- Inbound Marketing
- Tangible Words
- Sales Growth
- Search Engine Optimization
- Social Media Marketing
- Blogging for Business
- Events & Training
- Economic Development
- Case Stories
- Email Marketing
- Company Growth Podcast
- Testimonials & Client Feedback
- Education and SaaS
- Alysha Dominico
- Inbound Marketing Agency
- Cool Companies
- Food and Beverage
TW Blog Sign-Up
Learn more about how to grow your business and improve your sales team process.