Elevate Your Business with a Proven Email Marketing Strategy
Did you know that 340 billion emails are sent daily? Yikes! That’s an incomprehensible amount of emails! Not only is that a lot of emails, but that’s a lot of competition, and a ton of noise that makes it hard for your email to stand out. We’re sure you’ve noticed it too. The techniques you used to get your emails read 5 years ago don’t necessarily get you the opens they do today. So what do you do? Give up on email completely?
No, please don’t do that!
Despite being one of the oldest forms of digital marketing, email still gives the best ROI. Yep, that’s right. It’s still better than social media, organic SEO, and even paid search! If done effectively, email marketing still offers the best return on your time and effort.
How to Stop Emails Being Deleted with an Email Marketing Strategy
Okay, that’s nice, but what if your emails aren’t getting opened?
If that’s the case, you need to look into developing your email marketing strategy. Email is still your friend, you just have to adjust the way you think about email marketing. The game is changing, but you’ll find you have most of the tools for success already in your toolbelt.
Here’s where you should start with your email marketing strategy:
- Make sure your email lists are clean and not full of fake accounts. You want to make sure the people you’re writing to are… actually people. And, more importantly, that they’re people you actually want to reach.
- Check that your CTAs are truly enticing. Would you click on them?
- Write an amazing subject line. It can be easy to think of the email subject line as an afterthought. When you’ve written an amazing email, who wants to spend time tinkering with the subject line? But think of it this way: you could have the most brilliant lead-generating sales-converting email ever written, but if no one actually opens the email, no one will read it. The subject line is your first impression. It can’t be ignored.
- Use content email marketing personalization, or personalization tokens, in your emails. Even though most people are aware that personalization of emails can be automated, it’s still nice to get an email with your name in it, personalized to your situation. More than nice, it also shows you’ve taken the time to personalize your emails to different clients.
- Track your email marketing metrics. This is key to any good email marketing strategy. You won’t know how you’re progressing in your email strategy goals unless you keep track of where you’ve been and where you’re going.
Megan Osler is a Growth Strategy Manager with Tangible Words. She works with clients to build successful email marketing strategies every day. So we picked her brain on the Company Growth Podcast to find the best and most practical ways to build an email marketing strategy from scratch.
Listen to the business podcast here and learn everything you need to build a successful email marketing strategy in 2024. This episode is available everywhere you listen to podcasts and was sponsored by AnswerConnect.
Get Tips from a Tangible Words Email Marketing Expert
- Content Creation
- Growth-Driven Design Websites
- Inbound Marketing
- Tangible Words
- Sales Growth
- Search Engine Optimization
- Social Media Marketing
- Blogging for Business
- Events & Training
- Economic Development
- Case Stories
- Email Marketing
- Company Growth Podcast
- Testimonials & Client Feedback
- Education and SaaS
- Alysha Dominico
- Inbound Marketing Agency
- Cool Companies
- Food and Beverage
TW Blog Sign-Up
Learn more about how to grow your business and improve your sales team process.