Learn From Ontario Manufacturing on the Company Growth Podcast
On the latest episode of the Company Growth Podcast, we talk about leadership during the COVID-19 pandemic and why taking care of your employees and your own mental health is even more important as a leader in a stressful time.
What Is Important for Leaders in Times of Crisis
We interviewed Chandy Davis, one of the co-owners of Electro Cables Incorporated and the first female chair of the Quinte Manufacturers Association, about what she and her brother faced as leaders of a manufacturing company at the start of the COVID-19 pandemic. Even before the start of the pandemic, Chandy faced a lot of issues that manufacturers will be familiar with:
- The cost of energy
- A labour shortage
- Generational differences in the workplace
- Overseas competition
As COVID-19 spread to North America, the health and safety of her workforce became the number one objective. She had to figure out how to transition some of her team to work from home and figure out how to comply with ever-changing health regulations for those who stayed in the facility. And on top of this, the mental health of the workforce suffered as social distractions disappeared around them.
Listen to the Electro Cables episode and you’ll hear how Chandy managed through the crisis and how to maintain a business while keeping everyone safe and healthy.
What You Can Learn From Chandy's Example
- Mental health support is important, leaders included: this is true at the best of times, but it’s especially important during a crisis. Make sure your team has the support they need, but don’t forget to include yourself. You can’t lead to your full potential if your mental health is suffering. It’s okay to admit when you’re burning out. Also, find out why getting more time with your loved ones makes your work better.
- Work with local government to get support: Chandy has been canvassing politicians in the Trenton area to raise awareness about the labour shortage and to push for more immigration to fill positions. Grappling with changing regulations can be frustrating, but reaching out to local community leaders and economic development officers can help. These people want and need your business to succeed.
In the Electro Cables Episode of the Company Growth Podcast, Learn:
- How Chandy acted to protect her workers after an outbreak of COVID-19 in the workplace,
- The particular challenges that manufacturers in Ontario face,
- Why working from home helped Chandy find a greater work-life balance, and
- Much more!
Listen to the Company Growth Podcast
Check out the Company Growth Podcast: “Electro Cables Inc. Finds the Path to Post-Pandemic Prosperity” streaming now on your favourite podcast platform!
- Content Creation (322)
- Growth-Driven Design Websites (176)
- Inbound Marketing (139)
- Tangible Words (123)
- Sales Growth (111)
- Search Engine Optimization (86)
- Social Media Marketing (86)
- Blogging for Business (84)
- Events & Training (80)
- Economic Development (67)
- Hubspot (54)
- Manufacturing (47)
- Tourism (46)
- Email Marketing (44)
- Case Stories (42)
- Testimonials & Client Feedback (35)
- Company Growth Podcast (34)
- Education and SaaS (24)
- Google (23)
- Alysha Dominico (16)
- FAQ (16)
- Inbound Marketing Agency (16)
- Careers (12)
- Associations (7)
- Food and Beverage (7)
- Cool Companies (4)
TW Blog Sign-Up
Learn more about how to grow your business and improve your sales team process.